Welcome to St. Theresa School
Deacon Peter Schutzler, Principal
St. Theresa school is part of the St. Theresa Parish family, a Roman Catholic Family of Faith, centered in the Holy Eucharist, faithful to the Church’s teachings, consecrated to Our Lady of Fatima. We bring the Light of Christ to each other and to our community. We are committed to achieving excellence in academics, inspiring leadership, and promoting community service.
Our Character/Our Beliefs
Our primary responsibility is to educate the whole person, spiritually, morally, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
Our educational community exemplifies our Catholic identity through our lives of faithful witness and service to others.
Our moral character, based on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, respects the dignity of all persons.
Our emphasis on differentiated instruction is designed to promote the academic growth of all of our students.
Our commitment to global awareness, participation, and collaboration is designed to foster connections that build understanding and acceptance of the global community through the lens of the Gospel.
Our commitment to leadership development is also designed to provide opportunity for all students and faculty to grow into leadership positions as their interests, skills, and commitment grow during the course of their education or service to the school.
Our love of teaching and learning facilitates a perspective on helps them develop their own motivation and abilities for managing their learning now and in the future.
Profile of Our Graduates
Graduates will be
role-models of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
life-long learners who have successfully completed all Diocesan Requirements for graduation.
Leaders and Followers who demonstrate integrity and moral character
Able to articulate their ideas and opinions in civil dialogue
Prepared for engagement and service within their community, state and nation
Hellertown is an historic community that was founded in 1742 by Christopher Heller. The Catholic Faith took root in Hellertown in the 1920’s when the parish was first founded as a mission to Saints Cyril and Methodius Church in Bethlehem. It was first known under the name the mission of Saints Nerius and Achilleus, created to serve the Slovak heritage Catholics. In 1925 the parish became St. Theresa Parish as a territorial parish.
Right: Rita Bartolet's original St. Theresa School beanie worn prior to the advent of school uniforms. The girls wore the cap daily for morning mass.
Have memorabilia or images from your history at St. Theresa's? We'd love for you to share them with us and possibly feature them on our website or social media. Please contact Ms. Jacque Parker, Director of Advancement